Re: Hosta Test

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Test
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:10:09 EDT

In a message dated 08/19/2001 12:28:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
gw1944@vermontel.net writes:

                               Hosta IQ Behavior Test

1. What is the greatest number of days that you have allowed to pass while
THAT HOSTA languished in a pot waiting for you to find just the right spot
for it?

een late enough that I have to drop them into sand to make the winter....

2. What is the longest  duration (in weeks)  that you have put off packing
and mailing THOSE HOSTAS off to a friend?

If I don't count Carol..1 week. I have been waiting for her to come get
hostas as soon as she can build gardens for them.

3. How many times are you  apt to weed a single hosta garden  during the

This has been my worst year. Some gardens I have yet to get to...
surgeries have prevented me from weeding and putting my purchases in the
ground this year.

4. What is the largest amount of money you have ever spent on a hosta?

Lord I hope my hubbie doesn't get wind of this..He has a fit when Carol and I
talk money..lol
Lakeside has been my downfall....125.00. Is an awesome plant.

5. How many times have you pronounced  the species H. aequinectiiontha

I couldn't pronounce that is I tried...but I like Sagae, Nobody says it the
same...then throw a southern accent in to it.

6. How many times have you  wanted to know who first said that the hosta
was a low maintenance plant?

Everytime I have to feed, water, move cause it isn't doing well. Or lose one.

7. What is the greatest number of hostas that you have planted  within a  8
foot square patch of ground?

My nursery which gets the tissue cultures...I think I pulled 100 out of there
this spring. To move into the bigger gardens.

8.How many times as the help that you hired ( or husband, wife,or child)
not shown up to work?

I have to be doing something wrong. After a surgery I got a little help...but
I have built everything myself. All 17 gardens.

9.How many times have you forgotten and then purchased the same plant
simply because you liked the name of it?

Not the name as much as the plant...wow I like that plant..just to get home
and find out I already have a couple. Can we say list????

10. How many times have you killed H.'Uzo-No-Mai'?

    Not yet, going on it's 4th year. Did something funky this year. it sent
out long skinny leaves. Leaves and now coming back short and looks like it

Add the results from all these questions and then divide the total by your
social security number, multiply it by your age or weight, then subtract
the original number from the initial  number. Take the square root of this
number  and you will have  discovered your Hosta IQ. This number is a bond
amongst all of us. Don't disclose it to the daylily people.

    I do hostas...not math..lol.
     Have a hard enough keeping track of what I have..

Paula Pierce