ZeroTol/ hydrogen peroxide

  • Subject: ZeroTol/ hydrogen peroxide
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:05:26 -0400

Hi Everybody,
          Does anybody have any experience with using ZeroTol, hydrogen dioxide, or hydrogen peroxide (all the same) on any kind of plants for any reason? The literature I've seen makes it sound pretty good. What I found was that it is used mainly in greenhouses, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be effective in the garden. If you have used it, please relate details like percentage, application rate and frequency, number of applications, etc. Did it solve the problem? One claim I found for it was that it was effective against fusarium wilt in tomatos. This has plagued me for years. I will be testing it soon, and will report on whether it seemed to affect two fungal problems and the fusarium wilt.
         If it works as good as they say, and on as many different things, and with so little health and environmental impact, then maybe we should all have a look at it. I just bought a quart bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide at the supermarket for $.99, so it certainly is cheap enough.
                                                                                      ................Bill Meyer