Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???

  • Subject: Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???
  • From: "Pat Mora" <patmora@planetkc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:30:46 -0500

I remember experimenting on the concrete globs left on a brick, it really went to work there, bubbling and so on. I would get a library book on pottery, mine are long gone or I could help you with this formula.

Copied from "The Gentleman's Guide to Passages South"
Muriatic acid (HCI) mixed with lots of water will:
1. eliminate rust stains on carpet, clothes and gelcoat chalking when mixed with 1:10 in a spary bottle
2.make your corroded 12 volt deck sockets work instantly if sprayed into them
3.keep your coolers and heat exchangers (diesel engines) bright and new inside when mixed 1:8 (stainless and copper only, not aluminum)
4.Keep your head (boat john) clean and unclogged by calcium buildups when mixed 1:5
5. become part B of two part teak cleaners when mixed 1:4 with water. Plain old lye crystals (small can of toilet bowl or drain cleaner) and water become part A (NaOH). be sure you have pure lye and not some explosive mixture.
    The above is what ocean cruisers could not do without. Forget US products once one leaves the States, Bon Ami, Mr Clean and Dow do not exist. This is not battery acid, it more what is sold today as scum and calcium deposit removal. Of cource any muriatic mixture should not be allowed to sit too long without being flushed away with salt or fresh water.
Pat Mora