Re: William J. Mayo

  • Subject: Re: William J. Mayo
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:59:51 EDT

Dear Betsy,

Just to let you know, I got the following from Kimberly Todd, Will's sister
who has completely devoted her life to his release and to also helping the
other people in similar circumstances.  She has even moved from her home in
Ohio to Georgia, so she can be closer to Will.

I appreciate your concern and thoughtful response.

Jim

Thank you so much Jim.  I just got back a few hours ago from visiting with
William.  He is still very  strong.  I will pass the information on to him of
what you've done to get the word out.  The Law Prof. and Students that Betsy
is referring to is David Protess.  We, Erica & I met him in Chicago in May at
a wrongfull conviction conference.  We gave him William's information then.
The only problem is that they get so many, many request.  I guess It would'nt
hurt to send another package to them.

Kimberly

Jim

Do you know that the law students and their professor at Northwestern
University Law School take on cases of misjustice for free?  They have
overturned any number of convictions for those wrongly incarcerated.  I do
not know the name of the professor but I am sure if you contacted the law
school in Evanston, they would be glad to help you.

Betsy