Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???

  • Subject: Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???
  • From: Betsy Mahtani <bmathani@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:50:34 -0500

> just a note to say that the clay may be just the perfect thing for an
> earthen sided pond. others can leak (absorb) water.
>
> har

I agree, and am fortunate to have so much clay in that area.  Though am
removing the "white" clay, there's plenty of dense red-orange clay left.
Am removing the topsoil, as well, where it will be under water.  This
pond will be more or less "natural" after that end of the small gully is
dammed up.  It will also help erosion beyond it.  It is taking forever
for the small amount of water I put in to make the white clay easier to
dig to be absorbed by that clay.  That's good!

Appreciate everyone's help.  Think I'll skip the acid for now and try it
without it.  Really think the clay is fairly pure anyway.  Am settling
out three jars of it at this point, having liquified it with water.

Betsy