Re: new hard drive

on 8/28/01 6:51 PM, Chick at chick@bridgewoodgardens.com wrote:

> My first computer, a Kaypro that ran on CPM, there was no DOS or Windows then,
> had
> 64k memory and one floppy disk drive, what was it, 178k or something?  There
> was
> no such thing as a hard drive on PC's as far  as I know.   To run big programs
> you
> had to switch floppies.
> Whippersnappers.
> Chick
> PS.  I also had to walk four miles to school when I was a boy.  Or was that my
> grandfather...

The earliest computer (other than the classic Commadore 64) I really worked
on was a Tandy 1000SL. One of those old Radio Shack computers. No windows,
but it had a BAAAAD program that tried to imitate the first versions of
Windows through the DOS interface. From that I upgraded to a 486/33. One of
Gateway's workhorses. What was with those "turbo" buttons!? Yeah...I made it
a practice to push that button to slow down my machine....uh no.

Mike Groothuis
Hosta Freak/Graphic Designer
zone 5b
Benton Harbor, MI