Re: Mikawa -no - Yuki

  • Subject: Re: Mikawa -no - Yuki
  • From: "Diana Grenfell And Roger Grounds" <applecourt@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:58:16 +0100

Dear Ben
I read with interest your messages on Hosta Open to which I have recently
become a subscriber.   I did try to e-mail you recently but the message was
bounced back so I hope this one will reach you.

You may be aware that I am writing The Color Encyclopedia of Hostas
(photography by Mike Shadrack) for Timber Press, Portland, Oregon, to be
published in 2004.   Do you have a list of those hostas which, through your
researches, you have assessed as been tetraploids.   If this list is not
your confidential property I should be very interested to have a copy so
that I can add this information to the entries concerned.   I am also
interested to know which hostas are partially tetraploid, e.g. margins only
or centres only.   Naturally all information will be acknowledged in the
book and information from you, as a respected scientist, can only add status
to the book.

With all good wishes
Diana Grenfell