Re: H. 'Something Different'plus Blue Sum and Sub

  • Subject: Re: H. 'Something Different'plus Blue Sum and Sub
  • From: Pat Mora amora44@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:25:13 -0500

Hi Glen:
    I found one blue/green sport of H.'Sum and Substance' with a "bloom" in
the spring. The searchable database in the Hosta Library pulled up 26
match's for S&S but shows mostly yellow to cream margins. H.'Vim and Vigor'
Emerges blue-green, changing to dark green as the season passes. Huge leaves
with a waxy bloom in the spring that gives it a bluish-green cast, turning
to a shiny green in the summer. This sport of H.'Sum and Substance' could
match the parent size or possibly larger"
Pat