Fairy Ring hosta question

  • Subject: Fairy Ring hosta question
  • From: HMinnesota@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:23:49 EDT

I am working with a golf course that wants to leave Hosta plants in the same
place for years and years.  My big concern is "Fairy Ring" - when the center
of the Hosta can start to die.

Does this happen in almost all Hostas or only certain sizes?

How many years does it take for fairy ring to develop?

I would guess the answers are cultivar dependent ........... will appreciate
any help.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Thomas S. Carlson