west nile virus

Hi everyone. With the spread of the West Nile Virus, I was curious if any of you out there had mosquito worries in your gardens? With all of the watering I do, along with the mulch and water trays and koi ponds and a million other 'squiter condominiums, I feel I have more than my fair share of the flying critters. Everytime my family goes into the gardens I make them spray with repellant. But that doesnt always work and it doesnt make the mosquitos want to relocate. My question is has anyone of you tried or had success with any "garden-wide" repellants? Are there any out there? What is there affect on the plants? The fish? The kids? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I worried that I may have to purchase those white suites you see in the virus outbreak horror movies! Thanks. Kirsten