foliar nematodes

  • Subject: foliar nematodes
  • From: ctuttle39@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:21:10 -0400

I have used a 2% (some use 3%) solution of ZeroTol.  The two Hosta that
showed signs last year are showing no signs this year.  (Leather Sheen
and  pycnophylla)  All other Hosta surrounding these two plants were also
treated.  No signs of foliar nematodes this year, even through the
drought and heat.

Am I to believe that they are 100% gone.  No way!  But suppressed to the
point so that there are no clinical signs - and I believe that may be the
case for many, many other Hosta in all our gardens.

So far as I understand it, there is NOTHING that kills them 100%, but if
we knock them back, at least we do not have signs of it popping up in the
garden.

Charles Tuttle
Columbus  OH