Re: Twinspot Spotted!

  • Subject: Re: Twinspot Spotted!
  • From: njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:48:26 -0400
  • Wrom: FMYXOEAIJJPHSCRTNHGSWZIDREXCAXZOWC

Hi Mike,
         It may be a little more work (and a little messy), but maybe you
could dig the plant and hold it to the scanner, then replant it with the
leaf still on. That would let you see what comes from it next year. So far
the ones I've seen have not repeated, so don't get your hopes too high. Part
of the reason why is they mostly started up in the leaf and did not run down
into the base of the plant. The one Ray sent seems to be moving through the
rhizome, which is the first I've seen do that. See if you can tell if the
green/white stripe runs all the way down the petiole or starts higher. If
it's still a single division, try my method of removing all the other buds
this fall and leaving just that one. It should be the one that sprouts then.