Question about watering w/softened water

  • Subject: Question about watering w/softened water
  • From: SMRDH@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:53:43 EDT

Question for the group:
We are having a new softener installed and we were wondering about hooking up
our outside faucets after the softener. Is it bad to water with softened
water? If we use the water before the softener we are dealing with 16 parts
per million of Iron (which is enough to stain our plants red)/ Which option
is better?

Sue
Chesterland, OH