I "had" a water problem - solution here

  • Subject: I "had" a water problem - solution here
  • From: HMinnesota@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:15:18 EDT

I have white Chilton stone (from Chilton, WI) and beautiful Minnesota Field Stone in my nursery - garden.  Was concerned using well water would stain the stones as happened to my neighbor.  I called Culligan and they tested my water.  I installed their system.   Details

My well was 26 grains of hardness and iron content of 1 part per million.  It takes 1/4 part per million to stain stones they told me.

I purchased a Culligan SM Twin Watersoftner.  I use Potasium Chloride pellets that removes the minerals and iron.  Have had no problem - on third year now.  The pellets add up and the softner was about $1,900 but the potasium does help the plants.  I have gold fish in my ponds and they do fine.

Hope this helps.  Culligan does the testing for free.  I was happy with their service and integrity.

Tom Carlson
HostasDirect.Com
Roseville, Minnesota