Re: Question about watering w/softened water

  • Subject: Re: Question about watering w/softened water
  • From: SMRDH@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:18:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/28/2002 8:40:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kchrobin66@aol.com writes:

Why a water softener on the outside faucets?

With 16 parts/million of iron my husband would rather not wash the cars with rusty well water (he says it just doesn't seem right), and we also have a hot tub that is better off filled with softened water to start with. When the installer came this morning to install the new softener, he did not think that he could give us both options without getting too involved with the plumbing. So he wanted us to pick straight well water or softened water. That is what prompted the question. As time went on he figured out how he would run both lines and leave our options open for us.  You should see our Hosta this year, they look pretty rusty! Does anyone out there know if the rust on the leaves can harm the plant (stunt it's growth)?

Sue