RE: Ploidy Analysis -- If you want to check a plant

  • Subject: RE: Ploidy Analysis -- If you want to check a plant
  • From: Jaspersail@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:34:01 EDT

Alttara asked:
<<How will those of us unable to attend the Hybridizers group gain this
information?

For that matter, where is the group gathering? The 15th is my birthday,
maybe I can persuade someone to give me the trip as a birthday present!>>

C'mon over, Alttara.  We'll bake you a birthcake cake of streaked seed pods.
; )

The Hosta Hybridizer's Group (HHG) is holding their inaugural 'Hosta Science
Workshop' on August 16th in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  The workshop starts at 10:00
AM and is being held at Washtenaw Community College.

Scheduled speakers include:
Stephen Zolock on polyploidy in daylilies and hostas;
Bill Zumbar on stabilizing sectoral chimeras; and
Jim Wilkins on using the Punnett square:  which hosta traits are dominant.

After Jim's talk, the group will discuss plans for a collaborative study of
hosta trait dominance.

All are welcome to attend, but non-HHG individuals should RSVP Ed Elslager so
he can plan accordingly.  Email me directly for Ed's phone number (the man
refuses to use email!).

--John Christensen
Ann Arbor, Michigan