RE: Wintering colacasia

  • Subject: RE: Wintering colacasia
  • From: "Mary Chastain - Lakeside Acres" MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:22:00 -0400

I am facing the same problem. I checked the web and found several articles.
They suggested storing them in peat moss in a cool dry place. I believe they
suggested about 50 degrees. So far I have lost most bulbs that I tried to
store. I have two large Black Magic in the garden. I have decided to mulch
one heavily and try to store the other. Three other varieties are in pots.
They were a gift from a friend just last week. I rather wished she had kept
them till spring. She winters hers in a green house.
Mary