Re: new introductions

  • Subject: Re: new introductions
  • From: ALICE ZEIGER <gardenrat12831@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 06:04:44 -0700 (PDT)

I realize that my reply about Tattoo wasn't very
useful, since I neglected to say what sort of soil,
care, etc.  I planted it in well-drained and composted
soil, with about 4 hrs filtered sunlight.  It is about
a year old, but has survived one of our upstate NY
winters and is still looking fine.   I fertilize only
lightly, once a year, with Osmocote.

As to Great Expectations--I have two, in different
locations.  Same type of soil, but both of these get
less sun than Tattoo.  Both are doing well after
several years, but the deer ate one of them this past
spring.  I don't know how the recovery time will be,
but I am not going to dare to move the plant.  All of
mine seem to do better with benign neglect.

I have had problems though with several of my minis.
I lost a couple that were fine when planted.  Anybody
have comments on minis?
Alice