'Mountain Snow' & Hosta Library

  • Subject: 'Mountain Snow' & Hosta Library
  • From: falkora@smig.net
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:20:18 -0500

Yesterday I asked if 'Mountain Snow' typically develop a group of
leaves in the center of the mound with a very wide white margin
and/or heavy streaking.
Today "Butch" responded  "mine is what i think is the typical
streaked plant."  So I just did what I should have done first!  I
looked up Mountain Snow at the Hosta Library and here is what I
found: "The white often jets into the plant leaf randomly following
certain veins to the center vein itself, and young new growth often
shows much more white."  And the final picture clearly shows new
growth in the center that looks exactly like my plant.

Yeah! Hosta Library!!
Linda Kofstad