Re: Embroidery Seeds

  • Subject: Re: Embroidery Seeds
  • From: "Bill Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:55:12 -0400

Hi Narda & etcetera -- re: Embroidery seed-pod setting, fertility, and seed
sprouting? -- I have transplanted seedlings from H. Embroidery this year, so
not only does it set seed-pods, but these seeds also sprout plants!  On a
finery note of importance regarding hosta seed-fertility, well firstly, seed
must be fully ripened, in order for the seeds to have sprouting capability;
and you knew that.. right?  If someone is already selling seeds on Ebay from
Embroidery's pod-parentage, and if,  this seed happens to sprout NO
SEEDLINGS, then be assured: that this seed was collected before it was fully
ripe?  The seed-ripening-process, takes a minimum of ten weeks, after
pollination, for seed to become fully ripe, [er so I've seen  (a Doctor Ben
Zonneveld quote?)]

B>)) Bill (nashty)
hope this is helpful & sending

LOVE TO ALL