Re: hosta seed pods

  • Subject: Re: hosta seed pods
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:35:56 -0400

Sugar water, or cut flower food, with a bit of bleach in the water, but you need to change the water frequently.

Some folks have apparently not just ripened seed scapes in water this way, but have pollinated flowers in water this way, and managed to have them survive until they got ripe seeds.

It's certainly worth a shot.
-a.