Re: roundup and etc............

  • Subject: Re: roundup and etc............
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:18:23 -0700 (PDT)

Butch says;

Anarobic: composting in the absence of oxygen. The
main reactions of this process is carbohydrate --> CO2
+ acid or alcohol + energy (Singer and Munns, 1996).
The acid and/or alcohol are the problem.

Clay is wonderful, great, the best basic soil you can

Now Narda you know how lucky you are. We (this means
you Narda) can not break up the clay with anything.
The good news, god will do it if you put mulch on top
of the soil and get out of the way. To mix anything
with this wonderful clay is the problem. Only the
natural process will do it. So get whatever the
locally produced mulch is and put it on TOP of the
clay 2-4 inches deep and do that every year. After
about 3 years the soil will eat 2-4 inches a year and
break up your clay.

Sphagnum and every other soil amendment we thought
would help does NOT. Sphagnum is a waste of money
unless your making a container mix.

Nothing I'm talking about works in a container. But
don't confuse a container with your yard. Almost
nothing we know about container growing works in the
ground. Forget it all and start fresh with the
knowledge that you can not fix your yard.