Re: NUMBERS IN HOSTA NAMES

  • Subject: Re: NUMBERS IN HOSTA NAMES
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:26:25 -0400

So Chick,
     I would assume that you are also not a big fan of naming margin,
center, or solid-color plants if they were not truly unusual and outstanding
for some reason too. Except maybe 'Admiral Halsey'. :-) The difference for
streaked plants apparently is that must also give good offspring. It's not
enough that they could be very attractive, have very stable streaking, be
good growers, have a unique look, etc. Why do they have to meet standards
higher than other types? Just wondering what the difference is in your eyes.
     Also, I'm not sure why you would think 'Bridgewood 0017' would not be a
name. If it isn't a name, what is it?
                                     .......Bill Meyer