white centered hostas

  • Subject: white centered hostas
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:21:08 EDT

What are your favorite white centered hostas (hostas like fire and ice -
center of attraction etc.?  The only one I have that is really thriving is  a
cutting I got from Glen Williams of his summer music. Which is now a five
division plant from one division I got three years ago.  This year it is  really
looking exceptional. I can grow night before xmas and similar plants that  have a
lot more green in the leaf.  Actually remember me is looking pretty  good
right now.  Growing slowly but still increasing.  I now have two  divisions
instead of one which is promising.

Previous to that every summer music I bought I lost.  A few other  white
center hostas are holding their own in that they look about the same year  after
year. Kind of like my great expectations.   Then there are  the ones that look
worse the longer you have them until you just throw them  out.  The list is
long as I probably have bought most of  the hostas available with a lot of white
in the leaf.

Then there are the gold hostas that turn white.  What is your  favorite hosta
that goes from  gold to white and then DOES NOT turn  brown.  I love them
when they lighten up but shortly thereafter they  drive me crazy.    Plants like
gold standard, patriots fire, look  fabulous until the leaves get brown.
Thanks for the information, chris from Braintree, MA