Re: Dormancy

At 08:57 PM 7/31/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Does anyone else  have Hostas that look like they may be going dormant now?

I should add to my previous letter that those hostas exhibiting the pale,
drying leaves have done this every year, starting when the sun gets
particularly intense in July.  When the weather cools at the end of August,
the progression of drying stops, until dormancy is induced by the first
light frost.  I have checked for nematodes, and that does not appear to be
an issue.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6