Re: Fertilizer Bargain

In a message dated 8/2/1998 8:50:46 AM Central Daylight Time, BBROWNJ@aol.com
writes:

<< I would be scared to use a timed release fertilizer so late in the year.
 UNLESS it  has only a months life span. Do not like to fertilize late in
 season and stimulate new growth and have  an early frost possibly hit. Maybe
 you CAN do it in Indy, but not in New England >>

Barb and others who have the same concern:

Please take a gander at the information on the box/jar/sack. Osmocote is not
effective if the soil temp is less than 70 degrees F. So, nothing to worry
about here in Indy and especially in New England.
Indeed, I continue to use a high nitrogen foliar until September---in fact, I
have done so until mid-September---with no ill effects.

Clyde Crockett z5