Re:Difficult TC

Dear FHO:
    I would be interested to know if there any so-called  stable hostas
which have resisted TC , or have  been very difficult. I look at the prices
of some of the stable yet older hostas and can not help but wonder why the
prices remain so high if TC is posssible.
    I (believe) I know that unstable streaked plants can not be TC'ed ,
although I understand that they may show up in  TC process of a stable
plant. Was the TCing of 'Spilt Milk' a coup?
   Glen Williams