County Fair Flower Show

I just returned home from the first day of the Wood County (Ohio)
Fair's annual flower show. On a whim, I entered 2 hosta flowers -
'August Moon', and 'Ground Master'.  The August Moon got a 2nd place,
and the Ground Master a 3rd place ribbon. (This was in a category that
allows any variety of perennials).
  I had never thought of entering hosta flowers in the show, but thought
I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did.
  Has anyone else ever done this? If so, what flowers, and how well did
they do?
  I also entered a dish garden of mini hostas which won a 2nd place
ribbon, and some of my other perennials won ribbons. So in all, I'm
pretty pleased, for an amateur.

Diane Frederick