Re: Aphrodite 1998

Hi all,

More on Aphrodite - Steve Chamberlain should write to us on the subject of
Aphrodite and it's antecedents.  I recall last summer that Steve bought a
plant in bloom, Aphrodite, stating that he now had a clone that he was sure
was the right one.  That plant was potted and sold at a meeting of UNYHS.  The
plant was grown and bloomed by Dave Jennings who has no sun in his garden.
Several visits and I can remember the only sun being inhabited by Ms.
Jennings' daylilies.

We are all in the same zone, sort of, my garden being zone 4 and the other two
probably zone 5.  I want to know how Steve's sure thing is doing and if Dave
continues to have easy success in all that shade.

On fragrant hostas, I have had Fragrant Bouquet for two years in a trial
garden.  This plant is so beautiful this summer that I will use it as a pot
plant next year.  Sited in full sun with beautiful and graceful bloomstalks,
large white flowers and all over good form, it could be an excellent border
plant.  With some late summer blues the combination is cool and beautiful in

 Claire Peplowski
zone 4