Western Red Cedar

At 12:40 AM 8/7/98 EDT, you wrote:
>------------------
>Is this the stuff I have all around my closets and underwear & sox drawer???

I don't know!  But I think the problem (carcinogenic)comes when the dust is
present, rather than just shaved or cut wood.  I have very old red cedar
siding underneath the present outer siding on my house, and it never
bothered me till termites reduced portions of it to dust and tunnels.

You should be aware that the irritant is contained in an oil in the cedar,
and can sometimes cause epidermal reactions (Ouch! That underwear!).  I
think OSHA has information on this, and there are woodworking chats on the
Internet where more information is available.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6