2 good un's

For the last few hours, while the children have been splashing around in the
paddling pool, I have been nearby, bonding with my hostas. {:>)

Each day different hostas seem to catch my eye and I end up spending a little
longer admiring them.  Today it was H.'Cavalcade' and H.'Fantasia'.

'Cavalcade' (Lachman), is strong grower for me. The round > heart shape leaves
are deep green, with a wide creamy-white margin that over laps the green
centre to create  the celadon and grey streaking affect. The second flush of
leaves are edged creamy yellow and look great!

'Fantasia' (Duback), is without doubt a truly distinct hosta. I can't think of
another that shows this type of variegation. Following Robyn's advice, my
plant is grown in full sun, the leaves are a rounded shape , held up in the
air on long petioles. The leaf colour starts off a kind of apple green, then
gradually the margins begin to turn a majestic golden yellow, taking up about
one third of the leaf, with the gold tones interplaying with the green centre.
I don't know what colour the flowers are because I cut them off ealier in the
season, which I now regret. Perhaps robyn will tell us? I intend dividing
'Fantasia' and growing one plant in the ground and the other in a dark blue
glazed pot. This is one hosta that the name definatley fits!

Glen UK