Re: hybridizing

Bev,
You mean like a percentage of pods to attempts made?
I think the weather plays a role.  There will be fewer takes on hot days.
Also the two crossed I think can have a bearing.  I think the age of the pod
parent plant can have a lot to do with it.  Sometimes I get as many as 75% of
a particular cross to set seed, sometimes it's as low as 10%.  Plus, that
still doesn't say anything about the pod ripening/aborting, or whether the
seed will germinate properly.  It gets very frustrating sometimes when you
keep making a cross that won't take.
This has been one of the best years for me, as far as getting the crosses to
take.  I am getting my light fixtures all cleaned up and ready to go.  How
about everyone else?  How is your "harvest" looking?
Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5

<<
 Do any of you keep track of how many of your attempted crosses set seed in a
 given year? >>