Seed Irradiation

I have a  Uncle by way of marriage to my wife who is a Agronomist he has
been involved in all sorts of  grass and grain seed mutating activities
through USDA and  major universities. What I understand is,  he was
using controlled  radiation on different grass and grain  seeds to
develop a strain or variety that may be more productive or drought
tolerant and/or many other specifics........ I have spoke with him about
what effects it would have on Hosta and he does not have any
information. My question  is has any of you/us tried any radiation or
chemical treatments to Hosta seed or even plants, if so do you mind
sharing your experience? I have some Sum and Substance  seed that I had
a dentist friend expose to   70 KVP @7MA for 180 seconds . I am really
curious if I will see any interesting seedling from this small dose of
radiation.My Uncle told me when they irradiate wheat seeds they do large
batches for hours at a MUCH HIGHER rate than I can get access to.
Robert Stine
USDA Zone 6
rstine@ioa.com