RE: Seed Irradiation

Robert,

H. 'Flamboyant' is a streaked breeder that came about from X-ray
treated seeds from a golden seedling  (probably sieboldiana lineage).
That is just about all anyone knows about it because Paul Aden won't
discuss it. It is a very unstable streaked breeder hosta which has
produced a whole slew of stable offspring and unstable breeders.
Here are its named offspring:

H.  Blue Veil  from H.  Flamboyant  Hybrid
H.  Cavalcade  from H.  Flamboyant  Selfed
H.  Crepe Suzette  from H.  Flamboyant  Hybrid
H.  Debutante  from H.  Wahoo  x H.  Flamboyant
H.  Double Edge  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Fascination
H.  Eleanor Lachman  from (H.  Neat Splash  x H.  Flamboyant ) x H.  Robert
 Frost
H.  Fascination  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  High Fat Cream
H.  Flow Swirls  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  High Fat Cream
H.  Gene Summers  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Intrigue
H.  Halo  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Estelle Aden
H.  Intrigue  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  High Fat Cream
H.  Jambaliah  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  High Fat Cream
H.  Joyce Trott  from H.  Flamboyant  or H.  Fascination  x H.  Sum and
Substance
H.  Lovelight  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Banana Sundae
H.  Mount Tom  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Christmas Tree
H.  Renaissance  from H.  Flamboyant  Mutation
H.  Royal Rainbow  from H.  Bold One  x H.  Flamboyant
H.  Sailor s Warning  from H.  Flamboyant  Hybrid
H.  Shade Fanfare  from H.  Flamboyant  Mutation
H.  Verna Jean  from H.  Flamboyant  Selfed
H.  Vicki Aden  from H.  Flamboyant  Hybrid
H.  White Colossus  from H.  Bold One  x H.  Flamboyant
H.  White Magic  from H.  White Christmas  x H.  Flamboyant
H.  Whoopee  from H.  Flamboyant  x H.  Fascination
H.  Yellow Bird  from H.  High Fat Cream  x H.  Flamboyant

I acquired it this spring and am looking forward to using it.

Thanks!

Norm Lesch
Manchester, MD