Re: Some Beginner Questions

Laura,

 "I plan to acquire many more hostas over my
 lifetime..."
Ha Ha! That's an understatement!

Some of my hostas are starting to overgrow the space that I had
 allocated to them (dummy here not realizing how wide of a space these
 guys would be ultimately taking up, and I don't even think that they are
 considered 'mature' yet!).  Can I just take a few divisions
Yes, but this will probably get old really fast.  They grow so quickly.
  Do the plants move well? You can move them any time if you water well until
they are settled in.
 Do hostas vary greatly in their widths at maturity, or is there a
 recommended spacing guideline that can be applied safely to most
 hostas, so as to minimize having to go through the above again?
 They all vary in size.  Once you purchase some of the hosta books, and get
some catalogs, you will learn sizes.  Seeing them in someone else's garden
helps, too.
 Thanks,

 Laura

Laura, Welcome to the wild and crazy hosta world!

Kay Dye, Edelstein, Il Zone 5