Re: Seed pods

In a message dated 8/13/1998 6:15:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
venies.place@mci2000.com writes:

<< when is the best time
 to harvest seed pods?  What do I do with them after that?
Hi Pottsey:
Put a net of some sort around the stalk.(Women's hosiery is great.) Tie it at

The seed pods will open. Harvest them when they begin to fall to the bottom of
your contraption.
After that, remove the chaff. Plant them[any sterlized growing medium will do]
in those seed-starting-kit trays. Douse with a fungicide. Put the tray
anywhere you want to. When they germinate, put the trays about 3 inches under
24-hour lights. Pot up as needed.

When April comes you will have some in flower. I would guess that about 90+%
of your seedlings will be all green. BUT dont discard those that came from
gold, ruffled, or streaked hosta seeds. The juvenile leaves can be quite
different from mature leaves.

Good Luck!