Who can tell me - if the Hosta seeds in the pod are black now, does that mean
they are mature already?  I have always tried to harvest them before the first
heavy freeze, but Ben Zonneveld said today:
"I think as soon as the leaves are gone the seeds wont receive any
nourishement any more so no need to let them stay in the garden just
cut them and let them dry. Anyway all scapes can be cut after three
months the first flower openeed so mark the later ones with a date.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld"
If I have to wait that long, I will be havesting recent crosses in November -
if there is anything left of them.