Re: Seeds

In a message dated 8/14/1998 7:30:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
BSteg46464@aol.com writes:

<<  if the Hosta seeds in the pod are black now,  >>

Are the pods open? If so, you can harvest them now.
You might want to do what I do: Just leave some alone and let them fall to the
ground. I have gotten some lovely seedlings using that method.

Ben is right---but that doesn't mean that the seeds won't germinate. (One must
remember that at one point in time---perhaps 10,000 years ago, a plant mutated
and fromed the first hosta species. Then that plant mutated and the bees were
doing their work--creating other species. And those mutated &c.)

I would not be too concerned about seeds and their viability.

Clyde Crockett