New plant hybridizers list

Hi, I wanted to let you know that I created a new list that some of
you may be interested in joining. While not specifically geared
towards Hosta breeding but to plants in general, many of the
techniques involved in creating new Hosta hybrids are common with
other plants.

From my short time here on the Hosta-open list I know many of you are
involved in hybridising and I would hope that you consider joining
this new list. In no way do I wish to detract from the valuable Hosta
breeding discussions here, for this is indeed the best place to
discuss Hosta specific information but if any of you are interested in
discussing the generalities of plant hybridization, I would be very
pleased to welcome you aboard.

The description of this mailing list is:

The Hybrid list is for the discussion of all aspects of plant
hybridization. Exchange your experiences on everything from the
techniques of cross pollination and chemical or radiation induced
mutations to the registration and commercial distribution of the new
cultivars you create. This list is open to all interested individuals
regardless of experience level or whether you hybridize for fun or

You can join this list by going to the following web page:

Thanks and I hope to see you there,
Brian Cook
List Owner