School Project help

Folks,

I got this rather interesting question via email today.  I thought it might make for some
discussion here.  I'll gladly pass along your observations to Megan.

Thanks
Mark

I must design an experiment for my high school's
annual science fair, and (being fond of gardening) have decided to test
hostas.  Specifically, I mean to find which species or cultivars of hosta
do slugs prefer/avoid, and why.  There must be a reason why some hostas
are more resistant to slugs than others.  I'm guessing that it has to do
with leaf thickness.  Would you agree, or can you think of another
possible factor?  Maybe you'd have some other suggestions for the
experiment?  (I'm rather plagued by cost and the limits of testing that I
could do.)

Well, it was considerate of you to read this letter and I really
appreciate your giving up time for my bothers.

Thanks!

	Megan Paustian
	Lebanon, PA
	paustian@lvc.edu