Catalogues

I just read Avent's fall catalogue, and he has some interesting offerings.
One is a hardy banana tree (10' tall), which I will plant at my foundation
and pamper like the fuchsias to keep it alive outdoors.  I believe it will
make an excellent hosta companion, in looks, at least.  If anyone has grown
one, please give advice.

This year, my best performers (taking growth rate, slug tolerance, and
resistance to climatic/weather factors into account) have been Great
Expectations, Royal Standard, Obsession, Carnival, Christmas Tree (puny for
three years; I Rossized it, and it exploded with foliage two months later),
and ventricosa Aureomarginata.

BTW, can anyone tell me who sells H. Asahi Comet?

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6