Re: Catalogues

Jean Carpenter wrote:

> Can anyone briefly explain what "Rossized" means?  How does it help?
I'm sure someone else can explain this better but I'll give it a shot.
Rossizing , or bud isolation, is technique to speed up the increase
on a hosta.  Cuts are made on either side of the buds, but not deep
enough to completely separate the bud from the crown.  This somehow
tricks the hosta into developing more buds.  Hopefully someone with
more technical knowledge will fill in the details.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net