DiTera

Just about everything I know about DiTera, other than application rates,

is on the following web page from USDA.  Thanks to Bob Amear for finding

it.

 http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/np/mba/jan97/ditera.htm

There have been some doubts raised that the product will work on foliar
nematodes because it is applied to the soil.  The question is valid and
I do not know the answer.  All of the other nematicides I am familiar
with are systemic, meaning that they distribute throughout the plant,
but it is not clear that this one is.  If the plant does not take it up,

it would be effective only on nematodes in the soil, and while that may
be of benefit to hostas, it probably would not justify the cost of the
treatment.  On Monday I will contact Abbott Labs and try to find out.

I need to get clarification on the statement "DiTera® suppressed all
plant nematode populations in the soil and roots" found on the label and

on the above web site.  If it enters the roots, it may be effective, if
not, I doubt its worth for our problem.

Still working on it.

Chick