Re: Patsy's Plant

In a message dated 8/30/1998 11:00:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
mikecook@pipeline.com writes:

<< These two are the same plant?  What about Secreasea pallida?  Is it as rich
 in color as Patsy's plant? >>

Same plant. (Gosh! I think it is???????? Tony Avent corrected me when I used
"Secretia" as the genus. He told me it was Tradescantia.) In the tome by
Brickell he lists it as Tradescantia and says there is no genus such as
Secreasea or Secretia or anything like that. No wonder the taxonomists are so
detested!
Lets call it what we want to! Hows about Stygallium patsyinomen
'Purplepurple'?

Clyde Crockett z5
Hey Patsy!--Please send each of us on this list a cutting, ok? If you don't I
am going to come over in my vampire suit and kidnap your sweet Rosebud!