Re: Patsy's Plant

In a message dated 8/31/98 1:48:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com
writes:

<< Same plant. (Gosh! I think it is???????? Tony Avent corrected me when I
used
 "Secretia" as the genus. He told me it was Tradescantia.) In the tome by
 Brickell he lists it as Tradescantia and says there is no genus such as
 Secreasea or Secretia or anything like that. No wonder the taxonomists are so
 detested! >>

Folk,

I looked up the name before I wrote the post.  My reference is the Royal
Horticulture Society on conservatory plants.  It certainly looks like a tender
tradescantia however I have recently discovered in buying another sort the
genus was again different.

Claire Peplowski