Bad news guys.  Abbott Labs says DiTera is a contact nematicide and would be of benefit only against nematodes in the soil or on the roots.  While that might be of limited value against our pest, it certainly would not justify the expense.

Sorry I got your hopes up.  I was truly hopeful that we could do away with these awful chemicals and that the home gardeners would have a product they could use.  Unfortunately this ain't it.