Re: 2nd flush of leaves

In a message dated 8/31/1998 7:08:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
wie1086@mail.harborcom.net writes:

<<
 I'm still kinda new at this hosta thing. My question is some of my
 plants are getting a second flush of leaves. Should all hostas get them?
 I see it only in my greens and yellows.

I'm kinda old at this but I do not know the answer to the question, which I
find a very interesting one.
I have noticed that USUALLY the noticeable second flush comes about 60 days
after the hostas have emerged; but, I am noticing new growth on a number of
hostas now.(Late August.) I am not sure what causes this--is it fertilization,
watering, temps, &c??????
Would like to hear about others' experiences and views.
TY Ray for the question.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN <ccredux@aol.com>