Re: 2nd flush of leaves

At 08:08 PM 8/31/98 +0000, you wrote:
> My question is some of my
>plants are getting a second flush of leaves.
>I see it only in my greens and yellows.
Ray, I had not really thought about it, but in my garden it is also only
greens and yellows (including variegates) that have ever gotten a second
flush mid-summer or later.  I have not had blues or blue variegates (except
for cultivars with very little blue, such as Great Expectations) grow
'summer' foliage; I have seen Hadspen Blue put up additional leaves in late
spring, but none once summer takes hold.  Just my experience.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6