Francee

At 10:01 PM 8/31/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I noticed today at work when I was dividing Hostas that there was a
remarkable
>lack of slug damage on 'Francee'. Has anyone else noticed this before?

I was advised earlier this season to move a H. montana aureomarginata from
its home in a bed of myrtle, where it was wasting away, on the premise that
the myrtle was winning the competition for resources.  Once moved, the
hosta flourished.  Tonight I realized that there is a Francee in the same
myrtle patch, and it is also within 2 feet of a large tree, but that hosta
is large and healthy.  It must be an unusually vigorous cultivar.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6