Re: Tony Avent speaks on the issues surrounding registration.

> A message from Tony Avent  (Tony is not on the AHS e-robin)
> ------------------------
> As the idea of "pressured registration" and accompanying restrictions is
> a very controversial point,

I would like to add one more point about the AHS tactics to promote
registration.  It has been said several times that the policys were
formulated to reward the "good" growers and not to punish the bad ones.
Sorry, but I think that's baloney.  You don't reward someone by letting them
continue to do what they have always been able to do, be vendors at the
conventions, advertise in the Journal, etc.  It was never considered a
"reward" to participate in AHS activities if you were a member.  Now, to
tell me that I can't do things that my competitors within the society can do
unless I agree to run my business in accordance with a policy that I
disagree with, to banish me from participating in activities with the "good"
growers, it certainly feels like a punishment.